Saturday, June 28, 2008

Rishikesh; May 21

Photo on my balcony after my return to health...
My little bout of sickness was over in about 24 hrs. thanks to the wonderful doc who came twice to treat me.
This was a low key day, just starting to eat again (rice/yogurt/mint tea w ginger)... as prescribed. I did gentle yoga and meditation/chanting.
Walked to Ram Jhula along the river bank, looking for stones for friends. This rounded out my collection with one from some significant place in each of the three regions I visited (Hemis Monastery, Kalanag Glacier, and Ganges River at Rishikesh).
I also cleared my list of gifts for family and friends by doing some quick shopping. I had basically been checking off this list as I went along... but needed to finalize it before leaving.
Night time Kirtan from the temple was so sweet... just floating across the river. I was able to look from my balcony directly into the temple next door... able to see the whole ceremony... including the nightly fire puja.

No comments: