Friday, June 27, 2008

Disclaimer & Acknowledgments

Photo of 4 year old boy in Taluka steering a Bull by turning his tail; the corral is just ahead on the right, next to the Mountain House where we stayed during the trek.
This blog is posted with the following quote in mind...

"Just because something happened to you does not make it interesting to anyone else"

During my recent trip to India I kept a daily journal; but decided in advance that I would not try to keep up with family and friends via phone and email (except for my wife, Carol, whom I called daily when I was in range of a phone connection). Upon my return I decided to post this blog for anyone who may be interested in any aspect of the trip, especially friends who asked me for a trip report, photos or a blog. I hope that there may be some useful information here for anyone planning a similar trip. I did journal many of my mindful moments... those clear moments that captured the essence of a time/place for me. The title reflects the three major parts of this trip:
1. Monastery trekking in Leh/Ladakh
2. Mountain Climb (Kalanag, W. Garwahl Himalaya, 6,440m/20,900')
3. Ashram in Rishikesh

The trip was about 5 weeks long... the minimum I would recommend for a visit that includes some of the remote sites.

PHOTO ACKNOWLEDGMENTS:
I want to thank my friend and fellow trekker/climber, Yveline Gobil, for many of the beautiful photos that are posted here. I was not always able to take photos and she is a far better photographer in any case. I have tried to note these photos, but apologize if I have missed properly noting any of Yveline's. Merci mille fois!

No comments: