Saturday, June 28, 2008

Delhi-Chicago-Buffalo-Rochester; May 23

Photo Below (by Carol Shields): Walking out of the terminal at Buffalo Airport... happy to see Carol. 24 hours of travel since I left Rishikesh...

Photo: Delhi ... all wired for the busy city life... it seemed so hectic.

The scene at the Delhi airport was actually comical. I have traveled a lot but never had an experience quite like this. Beginning with not being able to enter the airport with my e-Ticket confirmation and walking a few city blocks to the American Airlines office to have my ticket printed... and ending with NO KIDDING... three trips through the security screen and a total of three times repacking my checked bags to balance the weight (true)... I finally got moving toward the departure lounge. Had I not had 2 plus hours to work with I may have missed my flight.

First class is so easy... floated gently back to Chicago. Changed airports (to Midway) to catch my flight to Buffalo where Carol was waiting... with camera in hand... to greet me. It was a wonderful reunion for both of us...

Mindful Moment: After landing at O'Hare I hesitate as I turn on my Blackberry... it has been off for weeks and I don't miss it. I breathe... and push the button. I'm back.

Home two hours later and ready to catch up on life in the family. Carol kept a daily journal and sent that to me by email; but I was not ready to restart with the electronic connections. I was already thinking about the next trip to India. We are working on that now...

I definitely want to go back to Rishikesh. Despite the tourist feel that is evident everywhere, it is still a great place to experience yoga/ayurvedic life in India. I am also hoping to get to some other places. We would go back to Leh as well... may do another climb too... so much to do.

5 comments:

Happy Penguin Family said...

Hi, stumbled across your blog and it's very interesting. Will be back to read everything in detail. Love your "disclaimer" - there are SO many inane blogs out there. From, Cathryn in NY

Tony Hii said...

Hi, you have a nice blog.

michaels said...

Thanks for the feedback! I'm still posting as I find time. Hope that some of this is interesting/useful for others.

Unknown said...

Hi Michael. This is Samidh from Dallas, TX. It is 12:32 am on 09/12/08. I just finished reading all your blog entries about your India trip. It is a fascinating read. I am glad that you had a very fulfilling time over there. I admire your love for ancient Indian/Buddhist cultures. Hope your next trip is as eventful as this one.

michaels said...

Samidh, It's great to hear from you. Glad that you liked this humble attempt to capture some of this wonderful experience. Hope that we cross paths again someplace. Warmest regards to Debleena and your little princess.
m