Saturday, June 28, 2008

Rishikesh; May 19

Photo of Monkeys and close relatives... taken from German Bakery - a popular place for Westerners.
Photo (Below) of ritual bathing in Ganges... in front of the temple just next to Sant Seva - view from my balcony.





Up at 5:30AM for gentle yoga and meditation... I remember being wide awake at 3AM and doing some yoga then as well... I'm not used to getting this much sleep for sure.

I sat on the balcony at sunrise listening to the chanting from the temple across the Ganges. It goes on for several hours morning and night... different voices leading each day.

My energy level is still low and I want to take some time to rest and rebuild after the mountains. This is the perfect way to re-enter.

I took an easy day, just walking and sitting and reading... enjoying this break... enjoying silence. I did not have any conversations this day.

Dinner was at the German Bakery... a mistake? I found myself getting an intestinal bug later that night.... at one point I just decided that I needed to start eating some fresh veggies and I'm pretty sure I was paying the price for that decision.

I don't have a mirror, but when I took a self-photo on the balcony I saw that I had lost quite a bit of weight... which I could tell at some level; but it was a bit starker to see it.

No comments: